WA Insurance Brokers was formed by Peter Newbound in April 2010.
WA Insurance Brokers ABN 24 924 902 181 is an Authorised Representative 000401481 of Insurance House Pty Ltd ABN 33 006 500 072 AFSL 240954 and is a member of Steadfast.
Peter has had many years of experience in the general insurance industry, from both general insurance underwriting and general insurance broking perspective.
WA Insurance Brokers has clients in the urban areas to remote Australia. We pride ourselves in our ability to give excellent services to our clients no matter where they are located geographically.
Peter Newbound, Director - WA Insurance Brokers
- Diploma in Financial Services - Australia & New Zealand Institute of Finance & Insurance (ANZII&F Senior Associate - CIP). ASIC PS 146 Tier 1 Insurance Broking,
- Former: President of the Insurance Institute of WA and National Insurance Institute Board Member,
- Former: Lecturer part time @ TAFE WA on General Insurance - Diploma of General Insurance
- NIBA (WA) Mentor 2019 and 2015
Industry Education / Training / Board Positions;
Associate Diploma in General Insurance (ANZIIF (Snr Assoc) CIP;
Tier One and Tier Two Compliant;
- 1999 – Wrote Paper on Y2K from an Insurer’s perspective, which was published in the CPA national Magazine and I personally presented to the Accountants in both NSW/Vic/Qld at their State Conferences;
- 1998-2000 – Served on the ANZIIF NSW Education Sub Committee;
- 1995 – 1997 – Lectured Part Time @ TAFE WA on General Insurance including Insurance Law;
- 1995 – President of the ANZIIF (WA) and sat on the National Board.
Current Membership of Associations;
- Past President – Wanneroo Business Association;
- Former Vice President –Small Business Centre North West Metro – (Wanneroo & Joondalup); SBCNWM;
- Past Board Member – Kingsway Community Bank (Bendigo 2008 - 2015);
- Former Vice Chairperson – People Against Vandalism:
- Former Business Advisor - Small Business Solutions WA
Summary of Experience;
Provided past assistance of work integrated learning experiences "Business I-Lab" - ECU Joondalup
Having commenced in the Insurance Industry in 1975, my journey has seen me work in all facets of General Insurance including Underwriting/Claims/Risk Management and Reinsurance over all classes of business, including management of multinational clients.
I have spent 20 years in working for Insurers and 22 years with Insurance Brokers and three years in Financing.
My Career has included AMP General as State Manager and in 1997 was promoted and transferred to National Broker Development Manager in NSW. I served there for 3 years until which time I was appointed as State Manager NSW/ACT for GE Commercial – principally Insurance & Accounting Fees funding, yet also included other forms of Finance.
In September 2002, I decided to move back to WA for family reasons transferring with “GE” as an Account Manager until which time I was able to get back into mainstream Insurance.